Re: Change of a database name

From: Jackie A. Marino <Jackie.A.Marino_at_tgpl.twc.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

ChrisVR wrote:

> How can I change the data base name of a Oracle 7.3.3 database running on
> Windows NT . (name in INITsid.ORA)
>
> Cheerio
> CJ

I have not had to do this yet, but...
In the Backup & Recovery Workshop, the instructor said that you must re-create the control files when you loose them or if you want to change the database name. You can run 'alter database backup controlfile to trace' and then examine and alter that script to run it. You change the db_name in this script. You also need to change it in the initsid.ora file. You need to make backups and then recover immediately after you run the script.

This is very dangerous if done wrong, so if you need the exact steps just e-mail me or look at the documentation. (jackie.a.marino_at_tgpl.twc.com)

P.S. I'm running 7.3.3 on NT also. Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST