TRUNCATE and ARCHIVELOG mode

From: Alexei Fox <alexei_fox_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

Hi,
It has recently been brought to my attention that on some DBMS (Sybase, others) the operations like TRUNCATE or direct SQL*Loader load will invalidate the archives generated after this operation. The reason being that such operations are not logged, and therefore cannot be reproduced later in case of media failure recovery. I did not find any warning in Oracle manuals, and, luckily didn't have a chance to check it in real life.
Does anyone have any comments on how Oracle handles the issue? Thanks,
Alexei Fox Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST