Re: Shared Pool

From: Nighr <nighr_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

In article <34DC2D97.5F93_at_pacbell.net>, Software Administrator <sanjeev_at_pacbell.net> writes:

>svrmgr> ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED POOL.

I've had to use it recently to get the optimizer to re-parse some SQL statements. I have an application written in C++ that makes SQL calls thru an ODBC driver. I can't change the application, but I'm trying combinations of indexes, clustering the tables and other DBA things to try to get the application to run quicker. The explain plan tells me that the optimizer is giving me a very non-optimal result. Without that command my SQL statement would be executed the same way regardless of what I had done with the objects.

--Bob. Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST