Re: Multi block rows eating space

From: Oliver Felix Fox <Oliver.Fox_at_Copenhagen.NCR.COM>
Date: 1998/02/16

Hi,

Why do you believe that its not a PCTFREE and PCTUSED problem? Anyway, PCTUSED seems pretty low and that may easily be the reason that blocks are not (re)entered into the freelist(s). I would immediately try specifying higher PCTUSED, maybe 80-90, depending on the exact math of the rows and blocksizes (taking overhead like transaction entries into account).
This can be done dynamically, although it will take some time for the table to pulsate into equilibrium.

Regards

Oliver Felix Fox, International Oracle CoE NCR SE - Copenhagen
E-mail: Oliver.Fox_at_Copenhagen.ncr.com

SloanAndy <sloanandy_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19980115175100.MAA21321_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...