EARLY ADOPTER VERSION OF ORACLE8 for NT 4.0

From: azaman <azaman_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/02/15

Hi Everyone

I wonder if any of you have encountered the same problem as me while trying to install a copy of early adopter version of Oracle8 for NT. The followings tend to happen every time I try and install the software:

                    o  10  minutes  into  the installation, it tends
                       to  hang  for  ever.

		    o  the  installer  wipes  off  any  other  Oracle
                       home  directory, making it  difficult  to install
                       on the same  machine  where I have  already
                       install  a copy  of Oracle 7.3

I have not been able to contact ODI ( Oracle Developer Initiative) to report this. It is appearing to be very difficult to get through to them. Incidently, I have received the copy of the software from ODI.

So, if you've encountered the same problems, please send me an e-mail about it.

Thanks.

Arif Zaman ( azaman_at_ibm.net ) Received on Sun Feb 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST