Re: Granting priveleges

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/02/15

On 06-Feb-98 20:43:00 Peter Chan wrote:

>I was wondering why I can grant a role to be able to select on all
>tables but unable to grant a role to be able to select on a specific
>table.

>ie.

>GRANT SELECT ANY TABLE TO "MY_ROLE";

>GRANT SELECT ON "TEMP_USER"."TEMP_TABLE" TO "MY_ROLE";
I think that's because 'SELECT ANY TABLE' is a system privilege which can be granted by the DBA. The select privilege on a specific table can only granted by the owner of that table or users that are granted the privilege with the admin option.

>Thanks!
>--

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de