Copy long raw field to another table

From: Gaute Stakston <gaute.stakston_at_trade.no>
Date: 1998/02/14

I have two tables which both have a field of long raw type. How do insert data from the one to the other? I've tried to use the following:

insert into table1 (data_sid, blob_field) select data_sid2, blob_field2
from table2;

But I get the error message ora-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

Please mail me if you have any idea how to help me...

gaute.stakston_at_trade.no Received on Sat Feb 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST