Upgrading Oracle on Sun Solaris

From: Johan Lantz <jola_at_lkp.ifsab.se>
Date: 1998/02/14

I'm trying to upgrade Oracle 7.2 to 7.3 on Sun Solaris. I get the following message when then installation starts to copy files:

A permission denied error occurred while trying to make the directory '/opt/oracle73/ocommon'. (Not owner.) Would you like to retry the operation, ignore the error, or allow the error to be processed by the Installer?

The strange thing is that the directory '/opt/oracle73/ocommon' already has been created by the installation. I run orainst as user oracle which also owns both /opt and /opt/oracle73 directories.

Please mail any ideas to jola_at_lkp.ifsab.se Received on Sat Feb 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST