Re: 7.1 ---> 7.3 Upgrade Help

From: Mark Moody <mcmoody_at_ecentral.com>
Date: 1998/02/13

I just did a 7.1.6 to 7.3.4 on HP-UX this week. The software install and conversion of the database went fine. Took me less than two hours start to finish. I simply created a new directory for the new ORACLE_HOME, installed the software (portable file system on HP-UX), and updated oratab and listener.ora. Check out any copy of the oraenv script on your system as the install process will overwrite it. A previous DBA has added some customizations to ours and I almost lost the customizations (environment variables mostly).

My conversion did not involve financials, we are waiting on that until spring. I understand the upgrade is a complicated process that can take 4-5 days. I guess that you go through several iterations of steps performed by the Financials admin and the DBA. I personally am not looking forward to that one.

Mark Moody
Oracle DBA
Woodward-Clyde
Denver, CO

Toby Henderson <thenderson_at_unlimited.com> wrote in article <thenderson-1302981228390001_at_user150.unlimited.com>...