Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Fredrik Larsson <no_spam_mail2fred_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

> This is exactly why I generally not like postings asking about product x
 vs.
> product y, because you get assholes like this with a totally irrelevant
> answer that only reflects an emotional response. Mr Larson, we don't give
> fuck if you like NT or not. The question originally asked was about
 MS-SQL
> vs Oracle on NT (or Oracle on Unix), specifically the poster asked "I
 just
> want to hear pros and cons of oracle vs. ms-SQL". <yeah, I get easily
 pissed
> off when someone post inane crap like i-hate-it-therefore-it-is-bad>
>
> There are pros and cons to *any* operating system. Next time give hard
 facts
> and technical opinions instead of your emotional advice...

I applogize if I gave my personal opinion but I assumed that it also was a platform issue and since NT isn't doing it job as a server properly I stated that. Choosing a platform is also of great relevance. An entire system isn't stronger than it's weakest part. Filehandling (speed) is very poorly implemented in NT and that have impact on databases et c. An all MS solution is cheap and do the job but it is also a future issue. I suggest that he/she who asked the original posting sets up a list of what parts are of relevance. Easy use, large database or whatever it might be.

Once again I applogize for my "i-hate-it.." but I also feel that your answer is very unpolite and that you could have phrased yourself with a bit more "Netiquette" but that is not the issue here. Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST