Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/02/12

Fredrik Larsson wrote in message <01bd3722$e188da20$28282828_at_maestro>...
>NT in general is crap. I hate every day that I work with it. As a client
>there is no alternative but NT as a server no way! Unix or Novell is the
>better choices.

This is exactly why I generally not like postings asking about product x vs. product y, because you get assholes like this with a totally irrelevant answer that only reflects an emotional response. Mr Larson, we don't give a fuck if you like NT or not. The question originally asked was about MS-SQL vs Oracle on NT (or Oracle on Unix), specifically the poster asked "I just want to hear pros and cons of oracle vs. ms-SQL". <yeah, I get easily pissed off when someone post inane crap like i-hate-it-therefore-it-is-bad>

There are pros and cons to *any* operating system. Next time give hard facts and technical opinions instead of your emotional advice...

Billy Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST