Can't create a second database on Oracle 7.3/VMS 7.1!

From: Duncan Reed <der1004_at_cus.cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/02/12

We have a development Alpha 4000 running OpenVMS 7.1 and Oracle 7.3.2.3.2.

We have had a database running on this machine for three months. The time has come to added a second database. Fired up Oracleins to create a new database. It creates the scripts runs them and falls over.

The reason it does is this is its connecting to the existing database instance, which is protect with a remote_password_file and then falls over.

This not what I expect and it doesn't behave like this on our VMS 6.2/Oracle 7.1.5 machines.

What going on? Am I going mad?

Thanks,

Duncan

Database Administrator | Admin Computing Unit | University of Cambridge Duncan Reed | ** Team AMIGA ** | der1004_at_cam.ac.uk