Re: Movie "TITANIC" - Which database used to make it?

From: Michael Segel <Mikey_at_NOSPAM.KingofMyDomain.MAPSON.Segel.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

james_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> May be incorrect, for more info, please see
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/139296.asp
>
> and http://www.redhat.com/
> read in the section "Red Hat in the news"
> Jan. 27, 1998--MSNBC:A Titanic Challenge to Microsoft
>
> The movie "Titanic" is super-mega hit and is probably the movie of the
> CENTURY!
> The photography, sound effects and direction is excellent. And best
> ofcourse is
> LINUX is USED for making TITANIC!!
>
> I hope oracle, sybase, and informix will be ported to LINUX very soon.

Don't bet on it.
Oracle has been saying no in the past.
I haven't taken the time to call them. [Yet!] Sybase is interested, at least at a lower level. Informix?
Hmmm, that's a long story.
Taken in stride with what was stated by Bob Finocchio on CNBC this morning during an
interview, the answer is most likely not. Its not the market they are interested in.

I think that after the market closes, I may make a few comments based on Finocchio's
interview and some digging I did this afternoon.

While Informix may be riding high, in the short term, there are still some questions which need
to be answered.

So there you have it. No, Maybe, No Comment. These are from the three leaders.

Based on the survey data, I'd say that either one of these three would be welcomed, and
that they would give Linux the boost in credibility that it requires to become more mainstream.

But hey. Chin up.
Wait till after the Oscars! ;-)

-Uncle Mikey Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST