Using Oracle SQL over the Internet

From: David Howlett <amulet_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

Is it possible for one computer to access an Oracle SQL database on another computer, over the Internet?

One computer is an NT Server which contains some access tables and some ASP pages. The ASP pages need to open an Oracle SQL table on a different computer. This is normally done through an ODBC System DNS driver.

(I know that some products set up a Internet server service which is accessible over the Internet by a specified port. Such as IP address 2.2.2.2 port 83. Does Oracle have such a provision? How does JDBC operate?)

A lot of questions, I know. Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST