Re: Delete records

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1998/02/12

Hi,
Try this .It works

DELETE FROM TABLE1 A
WHERE NOT EXISTS (

                                           SELECT '1' FROM TABLE2 B, TABLE3
                                           WHERE A.ID = B.ID
                                           OR A.ID = C.ID);

AMARENDRA NETTEM
Oracle DBA

Casper Thrane wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have got this problem.
> I have to delete all records from one table that doesn't exist in two
> other tables.
>
> table 1
> id
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
>
> table 2 table 3
> id id
> 2 5
> 3 6
>
> I want to delete all records from table 1 that has been left over, if
> you combine table 2 and table 3. This means in this case, that I want to
> delete id 1 and 4.
>
> Casper Thrane

AMARENDRA B NETTEM
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Residence:
-----------
5039 N E River Road,
Apt. 1A
NORRIDGE, IL 60656

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of Whittman-hart Inc.