Re: Mysterious log switches

From: Neil Greene <ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com>
Date: 1998/02/11

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <34E2010A.1A0D56D5_at_iris.nyit.edu>, johnb_at_iris.nyit.edu says...
> I've got a 7.3 Oracle instance hosting Oracle Applications (Gov't
> Financials) and running in archivelog mode. I know for certain that it
> is not being used at all (no user activity and no concurrent requests).
> However, it has been doing log switches at somewhat regular intervals
> (about every 10-12 hours) and archiving the redo logs. The size of my
> redo logs is 4MB. The folks at support tell me that this shouldn't be
> happening, but no one can tell me why it's happening. Anyone got any
> ideas/suggestions?

NMI (need more information)

What are you init.ora parameter set for LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL, LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT? Are the archivelogs always 4MB in size, or are they varying sizes?

Is there any automated scripts for backups or anything issuing an 'ALTER SYSTEM CHECKPOINT' command? --- Neil Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST