ORACLE ConText Server

From: <leahp_at_ccohs.ca>
Date: 1998/02/11

Hi, we are in the process of purchasing Oracle 8 DBMS with ConText Cartrodge. I have some questions:

I have to create database(s) that have one table with pointers to different documents, WP7, Word, PDF, HTML, and ASCII.

Will ConText be able to index(search) all these documents? How difficult it is to implement this type of architecture?

We have a number of relational databases with large text fields that are stored outside the DBMS.

I am new to Oracle, and any answer would be appreciated.

Thank you

Leah