Set Arithmetic

From: Lawrence <lsimela_at_mahalini.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/11

I am writing an application which is having to, unvoidably use a lot of set arithmetic (UNION, INTERSET, MINUS) with large numbers of rows.

Has nayone got any experience of doing this.. I haven't had the opportunity to test the system with a large volume of data as yet and I am a bit concerned about the likely performance impact of set operations...

Does anyone have any tips & tricks for optimising such any application? I have increased my SORT_AREA_SIZE to 1 MB and this seems to be okay with my small datasets..

Any help would be most appreciated..

Thanks
Lawrence Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST