Re: Hardware requirements for Oracle on NT

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/02/11

In article <887047289.4791.0.nnrp-05.c2de712e_at_news.demon.co.uk>, Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>It's probably listed in the Oracle8 for NT installation guide. Sorry, we are
>mainly UNIX here, so I don't have the figures to hand.

The memory guidelines I've seen in the installation guides are minimums and seem to be quite optimistic on every platform I've seen (unix, vms, windows, mpe, and nt). No guidelines in those manuals for capacity planning for anything besides memory. You need to either get an experienced consultant or take a wild guess with a CYA that you might have to upgrade after you get some empirical data for your particular situation. Besides that, what Steve said, and there are just too many variables.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com