Re: Movie "TITANIC" - Which database used to make it?

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/02/11

In article <34E07F6A.7AD1_at_hotmail.com>, al dev wrote:
>Movie "TITANIC" which won 14 OSCAR awards, GLOBE award and the best
>movie
>of the year (which already made $300 million US dollars in box office)
>is
> made with Linux and PostgreSQL!!
>The entire animation and computer graphics was done
>on Linux Digital Alpha box and PostgreSQL was used to store the data!!
>When you see the movie "TITANIC" you are actually seeing the "LIVE DEMO"
>of Linux and PostgreSQL!! Also Linux won the "Network Operating system
>of the
>year 1997" as per InfoWorld January 97 issue. The message is - for all
> your database needs use PostgreSQL.

No. This is 'large' database forum, generally used for holding corporate data.
Linus and PostgreSQL may be OK for a graphics company but I would not allow it to hold a corporate data warehouse, matey. Choose a good database. Choose life.
I am not getting pulled into another 'but linux is free' debate - it's free for a very good reason...

Neil Chandler
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST