Re: Export directly to tape - How is it done???

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/02/11

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 01:10:25 GMT, granaman_at_phonet.com (Don Granaman) wrote:

>In article <34e0af96.2933456_at_news.pi.net>, paul.schluck_at_pi.net wrote:
>
>>I know it is possible, but no one I talked to can tell me exactly how
>>it is done. So here is the question for anyone to answer:
>>
>>How, on a AIX 4.1.5 machine can I make an export of a ORACLE7 database
>>directly to an 8 mm tape??
>
>exp username/password file=/dev/rmt0 ...

Appart from that, you have to specify VOLSIZE=0. AFAIK "volsize" is undocummented parameter, but it is required when your file parameter points to a tape device. So, your command line should be

exp username/password file=/dev/rmt0/or_whatever volsize=0 ....

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST