Re: Are there any Backup utilities/products for ORACLE V7.3 on Alpha VMSV7.1?

From: Joseph I. Lee <lee.98_at_osu.edu>
Date: 1998/02/11

Natarajan Malupillai wrote:

> Susanne Fudge wrote:
> >
> > I am new to the Oracle world we are using Oracle Server V7.3 on an Alpha
> > VMS V7.1.
> >
> > Are there any tools/utilities on the market to do the Oracle backup
> > (recovery)?
> >
> > Suzanne
> Yeah! Take a look at BMC's SQL*BACKTRACK, this is a pretty good tool
> for Backups and Recovery. It does work well in our shop with Legato
> backing up about 15 databases.
>
> Nat.

I appreciates BMC's SQL-BackTrack's automatic recovery features and compression ratio on the fly during backups. One caution may be SQL-BackTrack does not work with HP Omniback II 2.5 new version (works well with Omniback 2.1) and Hp dropped support. So we think of alternatives: SQL-BT with IBM's ADSM or Legato's Networker
BTW, our env is on HP-UX, not VMS

I would recommend SQL-BackTrack with combination other than HPOmniback.

Joseph Received on Wed Feb 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST