Re: MS Access and Oracle 8: Help

From: Jim West <jwest_at_frii.com>
Date: 1998/02/11

Woohoo!!!! I'm finally getting the hang of this stuff!

Ok, I was finally able to get MS Access to connect to my Oracle 8 DB on my Sun node.

It turns out that from digging thru the Access help files that I needed to install the SQL Server component of MS Access which is NOT selected by default. I installed this component from the MS Office 97 distro.

Next, I learned that I needed to select "Machine Data Source" instead of "File Data Source" and BINGO! I was able to link my tables!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

I'm now having UserID/Password Invalid problems...but I'll keep digging on that.

I was also able to successfully use PERL via ODBC to my Oracle DB from my PC.

Life is good!

Thanx for all your help out there!