Re: Don't Use Shutdown Immediate for Full Backup

From: Michel Gauthier <qgmi1_at_qbc.clic.net>
Date: 1998/02/11

I didn't know about the restricted option at the startup. However, what we do is the following:

shutdown immediate (which kills every sessions), startup
alter system switch logfile
shutdown
then full backup

This way we force the creation of a recent archived redofile and also a recent checkpoint. Then we have a recently checkpointed database on a backup and the most up to date archived redofiles also on a backup.

--
Michel Gauthier
qgmi1_at_qbc.clic.net