ORACLE owner's ulimit

From: Kevin Rice <krice_at_spss.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

I just installed Oracle 7.3.2.1 on a Solaris 2.6 box using the 7.3.2.3 installer patch. Unfortunately, when I try to run the <orainst>/root.sh script, it tells me that I need to raise the ulimit for the Oracle owner per the IUG. According to the ulimit man page, there's approximately a half-a-dozen limits. I tried locating something about it in the install docs and couldn't find squat. Which limit are they talking about and what do I need to do to raise it and what should it be raised to?

Kevin Rice Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST