Oracle Backup script to Tape drive for Alpha VMS ?

From: Susanne Fudge <sfudge_at_nfpower.nf.ca>
Date: 1998/02/10

I am a new Oracle user on an ALPHA VMS v7.1 platform. I find that there seems to be very few UTILS or scripts for VMS...

Does anyone have a (Hot or Cold ) Oracle Backup script for Alpha VMS ? I have one but it assumes
the backup is to disk. Does anyon have anything that uses tape devices?

Are there issues/problems with backing up Oracle files to tape devices?

Can you export an oracle database directly to a tape device instead of a disk.?

                Suzanne                   Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST