newbie question

From: <vikram_khanna_at_bsginc.com>
Date: 1998/02/09

I am working with Oracle 8 on a NT machine.

I successfully created a database and then proceeded to create tables within a DATA tablespace. The database is running fine. However there are a whole bunch of tables and views which have appeared within this DATA tablespace prefixed with EVT_, SMP_, etc. What are these and why are they appearing in the tablespace for just the objects I create?

Thanks in advance for the help

---vikram

      http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST