Transaction not be cleared at DB_LINK envirement

From: <yywang_at_mail.vis.com.tw>
Date: 1998/02/09

  Whenever I issue a 'SELECT' SQL statement pass through DB_LINK, I can find a transaction at V$TRANSACTION until 'COMMIT' command. and this transaction will lock ROLLBACK_SEGMENT.Is it a normal situation? My databases been upgraded from 7.3.2.3 to 7.3.3.4 on DEC OSF, two versions have the same situation.