Web Server 2.1 Question

From: Anwar, Syed Aftab <anwar_at_openix.com>
Date: 1998/02/09

Hi,

I'am using Oracle webserver 2.1 and its PL/SQL cartridge for web database application development. Right now, I need to know the best way to do this :

" on a web page, if a user selects a new country from a drop down list, then the state drop down list should be updated and bring the states for the country selected. The information of countries and their states/provinces is in the Oracle database tables. "

One way is to refresh the whole page, i.e. pass country parameter to a PL SQL procedure that updates the states list ( using htp.print .... ) and basically, prints the whole page again from PL SQL. But this is tedious, I mean to print/refresh the whole page again.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

--

SAA