Re: Privilege problems

From: Mick McRae <Mick.McRae_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: 1998/02/09

Jimmy,

  1. After granting role1 to user2, user2 needs to specify the schema in which the table belongs.

ie. select * from user1.table1;

NOTE: You can use synonyms so that table names do not have to be qualified with the schema name.

2. No, the roles are not automatically granted to user1. But if user1 created the roles, then the roles are probably specifying some object privileges on user1's own objects. Therefore, granting the role to oneself is made redundant as you own the objects, you already have full objects privileges.

Regards,
Mick