Re: DBMS_UTIL-newbie

From: Peter Schneider <peter.schneider_at_okay.net>
Date: 1998/02/08

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998 08:30:07 -0500, "DKite" <dkight_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>I am an Oralce press book published by Oracle Press. The book refers to
>dbms_util. I assume this is a package of utilities for Oracle. Where do I
>fiind this package?
>
>Thanks in advance

This one and a lot of other DBMS_-type packages are normally installed in an Oracle DB if you run the scripts to install the data dictionary and the procedural option. If you have a tool like Procedure Builder, just do a connect, open the Stored Program Units in the SYS schema to see what's installed. The package specs document quite well what you can do with them. To look at the install scripts, go to your $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory, and see what other scripts are being called by CATPROC.SQL.

HTH
Peter

--
Peter Schneider