Re: Oracle 7.3 ODBC question

From: Nighr <nighr_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/08

In article <6b8gg3$nbn$1_at_news.minn.net>, "swb" <sburesh_at_minn.net> writes:

>builder. Currently
>I am trying a Oracle 8.x ODBC driver with Excel 97 and hitting a 7.x DB.
>This seems to be
>the only ODBC 3.x compliant driver I can find. Any help would be
>appreciated.

That's the best you can do for now. The Intersolv ODBC driver I just got doesn't support Oracle 8 directly. You have to copy a couple .DLL's from Oracle's ODBC driver set to get it to work. If you're going to do all that, save yourself the $100 per seat and use Oracle's for now. Microsoft also has a driver for Oracle, but I haven't tried it.

--Bob. Received on Sun Feb 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST