Re: Detecting the rowid of the row that caused a unique

From: Phillip Bump <pjbump_at_i1.net>
Date: 1998/02/07

I tend to work from the SQL*Plus end more than from PL/SQL. My solution to this kind of problem is:

SELECT A.rowid, A.column_name1, A.column_name2, ..., A.column_nameN FROM table_name A, table_name B
WHERE A.rowid <> B.rowid

AND A.column_name1 = B.column_name1
AND A.column_name2 = B.column_name2
AND ...
AND A.column_nameN = B.column_nameN

/

This returns the rowid and the columns involved in the unique constraint for
the offending rows. It is then possible to delete the violating rows via the
rowid (the fastest way to access data within Oracle). Questions? Write me.

--
Phillip Bump
pjbump_at_i1.net

Mordi <mordi_at_rts.co.il> wrote in article <34D9E7EE.B355220B_at_rts.co.il>...