COMPATIBILITY parameter

From: Karen Byrd <byrd_at_mscf.med.upenn.edu>
Date: 1998/02/06

We got a "ORA-00406 COMPATIBILITY parameter needs to be 7.3.0.0.0 or higher" error while trying to create a tablespace.

We understand what the error means but not how to fix it.

Also when I installed version 7.3.2.3.2(OpenVMS) this was a fresh install not an upgrade from version 7.1 so I don't understand why we are getting the error in the first place.

But we do need to know exactly how to set the COMPATIBILTY parameter after the fact.

TIA

--
Karen Byrd