Oracle 8 Bugs

From: Rosemary Fleming <rosemary_at_pathcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/06

What bugs have people encountered when using Oracle 8? Currently we have a 3 Gig Oracle 7.2 database running on HP-UX in a Replicated environment (2 servers, soon to be 4 servers). We will be upgrading our Oracle instance this summer and are considering going directly to Oracle 8 rather than going to Oracle 7.3. However, we want to find out what bugs have been reported in Oracle 8 before making a decision. In particular, are there any bugs with the Advanced Replication feature? How stable is Oracle 8? Do you recommend moving to Oracle 8 for small database or would we be better off going to Oracle 7.3 and migrate to Oracle 8 in a years' time?

Thank you for any comments you may have.

                                                  Rosemary Fleming
                                                  rosemary_at_cips.ca