Problem: Oracle Workgroup Server and ORA-07331 error during startup

From: Morten Toftgaard <mtj_at_stofanet.dk>
Date: 1998/02/05

Hi there

I seem to have a problem with the Oracle Workgroup Server v7.3.2.2.0 (for SCO OpenServer v5.0.4). After installation, it comes with the following error during boot:

SVRMGR> Connected to an idle instance
SVRMGR> ORA-07331: smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portition of the SGA.
Additional information: 4
SVRMGR>
Server Manager complete

Database "xalora" warm started.

I get the same error if I run "svrmgrl", connect as "internal", and "STARTUP NOMOUNT". Why is this? And do I solve it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

--
Yours,

Morten Toftgaard