Copying raw oracle db file under aix

From: Marc Lodico <mlodico_at_NOSPAMbigfoot.com>
Date: 1998/02/04

Does anyone know a faster way to copy our raw file then using the unix 'dd' command. Should
I use a different command or is there an option I can use to speed up the 'dd'.

Currently the copy command looks like :

dd bs=4k skip=1 if=/dev/rawfile1 of=/oraback/rawfile1

For a 1 GB raw device file it takes 2 hours with the above command - Ouch!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to me via
mlodico_at_bigfoot.com Received on Wed Feb 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST