Re: Basic clarifications on DDLs

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/02/03

DDL statements are to create, modify the database objects like tables, indexes etc. When a DDL statement is executed, actually the data dictionary is updated with the created/updated objects info. If a create statement fails, nothing happens except that statement fails (Data dictionary is not updated)

Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>