Re: How to delete from a delete trigger

From: Grue <grue_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/02

The real problem is probably that you're trying to execute the trigger for each row. If possible, remove the "for each row", so that the trigger will not execute until the statement has finished executing and the table is in a static state. This may fix the problem.

Another idea that I've seen posted but have not yet tried is to exclude the newly deleted record from the delete that you're doing inside the trigger. You can do this by adding the following to the where clause of your delete statement:

     AND table_name.rowid != :old.rowid

Like I said, I'm not sure whether this actually works.

Good luck!