Re: Layout of a database block

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/02/02

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 10:35:04 GMT, "Arnold Wentholt" <Arnold.Wentholt_at_cmg.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm curious about the exact layout of an Oracle database block.
>
>A block can contain contains rows, transaction entries, checksums, but what
>exactly is in a block? I hope an explanation of the contents of a database
>block will give me a better idea of the architecture of the Oracle server.
>
>Any documents about this issue?

Take a look at Oracle Server documentation set, particulary at "Oracle7 Server Concepts", chapter 3 - "Data blocks, extents and segments".

>Thanks,
>Arnold Wentholt

Regards

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST