Re: Create new database

From: Jackie A. Marino <Jackie.A.Marino_at_tgpl.twc.com>
Date: 1998/02/02

This happened to me. Make sure you have log_archive_start set to false in the init.ora file. Also make sure you are not using using CONTROLFILE REUSE in your CREATE DATABASE sql, unless you know about what it does. Also if you haven't done so, change the names from ctl1orcl.ora ctl2orcl.ora to ctlNEWSID.ora and ctlNEWSID.ora. in the init.ora file.

You may not have to do this, but I ended up having to delete my home Oracle directory and re-install. Better now than in production!

Jackie Marino