Re: Several db on the same server

From: <ajitsingh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/01

Hi,

I worked primarily on Unix boxes so I don't know whether I got your question right. I think on one machine running NT you are trying to create multiple databases. I understand that this process has gone thru successfully.

To access these multiples databases on the same m/c you will require separate listeners. All you need to do is add another listener in your listener.ora file for the 2nd database (mention SID, hostname etc.) and start it using lsnrctl. For example, you defined a new listener by the name listener1, you start it by giving "start listener1" command at the lsnrctl prompt. I think you should be able to connect to the database#2 using the second listener. I hope that I got it right.

If you are unable to configure the second listener, send me a mail. I'll send you a listener.ora with two listeners defined.

I hope this helps.
Ajit