Re: Slow establishing SQL*Net connection to DB

From: Phil Cook <pncook_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/31

Leigh,

I am working with a Solaris site that is also having this problem, unfortunately
we haven't solved it yet! A few things you can do; make sure that trace is set to
OFF in the associated listener.ora and sqlnet.ora files. Try setting prespawn_max to
prespawn dedicated server processes for the connections, if you are not using MTS.
Verify that the server is not being heavily used which could cause processes
to startup slowly.

When we solve this other site's problem, I'll let you know the solution.

Phil Cook
Certified Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jan 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CST