Re: Oracle 8 and locked rows

From: Peter Schneider <peter.schneider_at_okay.net>
Date: 1998/01/31

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:01:19 -0800, <pascal_at_ia-us.com> wrote:

[How to check for locked rows?]

>My problem is that I am trying to get the result within a query.
>Something that would give =
>

>Item_number is_locked
>---------------------------
>1234123 Y
>4563456 N
>8565456 Y
>
>Can you help me with this one?

Pascal,

that's not possible AFAIK. In another thread some days ago, Thomas Kyte from Oracle Corp. answered a similar question about how Oracle tracks row level locks better than I could. Look for a thread with subject 'Lock Monitor Question'.

HTH
Peter

--
Peter Schneider