Alter Command In PL/SQL?

From: Stephen Darlington <Stephen_Darlington>
Date: 1998/01/30

I'm sure that this is an easy question for all you gurus...

Is there a way to use the ALTER command in a PL/SQL stored procedure? Is ALTER really a SQL*Plus command, or am I doing something wrong?

We're using Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3, if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
--> Steve

               Stephen Darlington (public.logica.com/~darlings/)
               "I blame sex and paper for most of our problems"
    Don't believe a single word I say -- these are my words, not Logica's