Recommendation/comments needed for DB design tools

From: Dr. J. Wang <NO_SPAM.jizwang_at_cc.umanitoba.ca>
Date: 1998/01/30

Sorry, it is a re-post since I did not see my own posting :<,

Finally my boss got serious with Oracle and was willing to spend some money before this fiscal year. So I am open for any recommendations, comments and first-hand experience to some database design (logical/physical) and documenting for Oracle servers, like Oracle Designer 2000 or similar

Functions we are looking for:

1.      data modelling, logical design (ERD);
2.      Physical implementation (creating Oracle tables, constraints ...);
3.      Auto documentation (table structures, indexes, tablespaces,
datafile locations ...)
4.      some re-engineering ability

preferred functions (some functions with Developer/2000):
5.      trigger/procedure creatation
6.      some abilities to manage Oracle schema/objects

You can either post in this newsgroup or email me directly

Thanks

Jizhong
jizwang_at_cc.umanitoba.ca       Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST