Re: SQL*Loader WHEN Clause

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/01/30

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:51:42 -0600, Hong Wang <hwang_at_atlanta.glenayre.com> wrote:

>I have the following statement in the SQL*Loader control file for loading
>the data into a table.
>
>LOAD DATA
>
>INTO TABLE tmp
>WHEN (1:2)='1'
>
>I'd like to change the WHEN clause to something like
>
>WHEN (1:2)='1' OR (1:2)='2' OR ...
>
>Does SQL*Loader support it? I could not find it anywhere in the ORACLE
>Server Utilities manual. I tried a number of different ways using 'OR'
>and '|', and it always gave an error. I keep thinking this is a simple
>thing, and I may just not use the right syntax. Can someone point it out
>for me? Thanks.

No, OR operator between field conditions is not supported in a WHEN clause of SQL loader ctl file! The only operator that is allowed is AND. And on top of this restrictions, inside a field condition you can only test for equality/inequality (>,<,>=,<=,.... are not allowed).

>Hong
>email: hwang_at_atlanta.glenayre.com

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST