Re: Oracle snmp to Netview

From: Kaboel Karso <kaboel_at_wau.mis.ah.nl>
Date: 1998/01/30

Hi Roland,

Your idea is doable. Example of a snmp.conf of an snmp daemon on an Intel Solaris:

sysdescr        ALLDESC
syscontact      ALLCONT
sysLocation     ALLLOC
#
system-group-read-community     public

#system-group-write-community private #
read-community public
#write-community private
#
trap localhost cms20003
trap-community SNMP-trap
#

Mind you that Oracle doesn't support the snmp-standard on Intel platforms. So, Windows NT, Solaris Intel, SCO etc are out of the picture.

By reading the mib into the Netview application console you should be able to monitor your databases.

Cheers,

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:41:14 -0600, rjang_at_sigmais.com wrote:

>Hi everyone:
>
>Has anyone successfully sending oracle snmp information to Newview or
>anyone knows some reference or web sites that can help me implement this
>task.
>
>Mainly I have hard time 1) to configuring the snmp.conf file, 2) I am not
>sure the oracle MIB file (from the install CD) is even working on the
>netview managerment console.
>
>I have
>oracle 7.2 or AIX4.1.5 ,
>oracle 7.3.3 on NT,
>Oracle 7.3.2 on solaris25,
>and the netview 3 on AIX 3.2.5
>netview 5 on NT
>
>-Roland Jang

Kaboel Karso Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST