Re: Oracle Web Application Server 3.x & Netscape Enterprise Server 2.01

From: Eric van Wijk <ew_at_REMOVE.n-vision.nl>
Date: 1998/01/30

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:42:32 -0500, Brendan Newman <brnewma_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>Thanks for your help, but I still have an error. Although I can run anything
>from the administrative port (8888), if I remove the port number and retry I
>get the following message in the Netscape Communicator browser: "Server
>Error: This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from
>fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please
>ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log."
Have you authorized the sample DCD for port 80 (or whatever your enterprise server runs on)? The default is only the admin port (8888), you can assign more than one, however.
Again, I hope this applies to OWAS3, since I haven't tried it yet.

>Also, running OWA.EXE (with or without arguments) gives an access violation:
>(0xc0000005), Address: 0x00409041). I think I am still missing something
>critical. Please help. Thanks in advance. Brendan
Oops, don't know about that one. Permissions, maybe?

Eric Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST