RAID 5 and Oracle Part II

From: Todd A. Bellaver <tbellaver_at_awdcom.com>
Date: 1998/01/29

Thank you to everyone who has responded to this. I think I should clarify a couple of things first.

First, this is a VLDB that is 500 Gbs and is expected to reach a Terabyte+ by the end of the year.
Second, unfortunately, we are using software RAID 5 not hardware RAID 5.

I would like to hear about your expereinces with RAID 5 under these kind of conditions. And how much of a hit on performance did you take?

Thanks again Received on Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST